I think kids' mispronunciation of common words is so funny. My 3 year-old, Jake has his own language. Heath's dad, Papa, calls it Jakenese. My dad said it sounds like a cross between Buckwheat and Scooby Doo. He replaces a lot of letters with the lettter H. So when he says he is going to be "four" next year, he says "I'm going to be....next year". You get the picture.
Well, the other day, I heard Heath tell Jake to say "thirty-four". I came running in the room just as Jake was saying "dirty h...". I couldn't help but laugh. He also said one time when he saw a fire truck with a four on it. "There's a fire f*ck with a h... on it!" Oh, geez...
When some of the older boys were younger, they used to say b*tch instead of bridge and f*uck instead of frog. I don't know how many times Heath and I have looked at each other in disbelief, thinking of a time we may have let something slip around the kids until we finally figure out what they are trying to say.
Oh, kids! They can make me laugh on some of the toughest days. I don't know how I'd get through the day without some comic relief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Emma is 3 too. And when people don't understand her, we always ask them if they're not fluent in Emmanese. Your father-in-law is just as clever as us :)
ReplyDelete