Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time to VENT!!!

In my life, I try to be a positive person. I have a strong belief in standing up for what is right. I am getting so tired of people being so hateful to each other. I have a wide range of friends who have different beliefs from me. I think that is a good thing. We can all learn something from each other and to be honest, there are some friends that I have had discussions with and I know neither one of us will change what we believe in. That's okay, but what I really can't stand is that some people are always looking to bash the other side.

I am a registered Republican. I agree with most of what their platform consists of. I really am considering changing to an Independent. I just don't like being affiliated with a policial party. It seems a little dumb. I just vote for whoever I think will uphold the moral standards in this country. Morals are REALLY lacking it seems like.

Nobody respects each other anymore as humans. I was really disturbed watching the news the other day and saw people throwing things at each other over a new law that was just signed in. I don't agree with a lot of what is going on in this country right now, but you don't see me going crazy and calling people names and threatening peoples' lives. My power is in the voting booth. If I don't like the outcome of a race, I'll live through it. There will be another election. My purpose in my life is to try and be the best person I can and hopefully if I'm lucky enough, earn Heaven. That is my only purpose. That's it...I'm done venting :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I hear ya.

    Aaron and I are both registered as unaffiliated, mostly for the reasons you mentioned above.

    I quit watching the (local) news long ago. It drives me crazy and depresses me. We do watch FoxNews sometimes, and like O'Reilly a lot.

    I always enjoy your blogging. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with everything in your post! I am now a registered independent and so is my husband. Politics have always bothered me and as the world moves on, they bother me even more! I am waiting for the day when there are no political parties for people to hide behind. They will have to come out and be honest with themselves and the public!

    ReplyDelete