Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm ready!

Usually when it gets to this point in my pregnancy, I start to get a little nervous thinking about how I am going to deal with another baby. This time is different. I think it may be because Addie has been such an easy baby and now toddler, that I'm more excited than anything. That, and I'm just so uncomfortable and hot all the time so maybe it makes me more excited to just have the baby! It has been the 5th hottest summer on record in Wichita. It has been as hot as 108 some days and that is just the straight temperature. That's not even factoring in heat index.

I was watching my kids play together today and just observed how good of friends they are. Don't get me wrong, I break up PLENTY of fights, but for the most part they really play well together and love each other. Baby Corbin is going to be so loved and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids' reactions to him. We are so incredibly blessed to have healthy, beautiful, loving children.

They are empathetic and loving to me and Heath both. One day I was having some pretty bad pains in my belly and my hip was hurting quite a bit. They all were concerned about me and Gavin asked if Corbin was hurting me. I told him that sometimes when mommies have babies in their tummies, it hurts from time to time. Aidan asked if there was any medicine that would make me feel better and I told him the pain would go away in a little bit. Then I told them what I really needed was a massage. Immediately, Gavin got up and started rubbing my back and Jake got up and started scratching my back. What a bunch of little sweethearts!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. Some friends of ours (who currently have 6 kiddos) have said before that people stop having kids just when it starts getting easier. I'd tend to agree, from what I've heard. Glad you are so happy, what a blessed family!! I can only imagine you're excitement. I'll say some extra prayers for you in your final weeks of pregnancy. God bless!

    ReplyDelete